: This line of molding machine hoppers operating at Forest City Foundries in Cleveland, Ohio, in 1955, was produced by the Jeffrey Manufacturing Company of Columbus, Ohio. The overhead hoppers were filled with sand which was released by opening a clam shell valve. The sand was poured into a mold used to cast metal machine parts and recycled to make many other castings. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL00983 Subjects
: Coal mining; Coal mines and mining--Ohio; Coal mines and mining--United States; Inventions; Coal-mining machinery; Manufacturing industries--Ohio; Inventors--Ohio; Ohio Economy--Economy--Labor Places
: Cleveland (Ohio)