: Reconstructed block houses and stockade on the site of Fort Recovery, Mercer County, Ohio. The stockade was reconstructed in 1955 and 1956. The original fort was built in 1793-1794 by soldiers under the command of General Anthony Wayne on the site where soldiers under General Arthur St. Clair's command were defeated by a confederacy Native American tribes. Wayne's forces succeeded in defending the fort and bringing an end to military conflict between Native American tribes and settlers in the territory that became the state of Ohio. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL01008 Subjects
: Mercer County (Ohio); Ohio History--Military Ohio Places
: Mercer County (Ohio)