: This elevator casing, built by the Jeffrey Manufacturing Company, Columbus, Ohio, held a series of metal buckets mounted on a Jeffrey chain. The chain was looped around an upper and lower sprocket wheel. Under power, the chain would move and the buckets would fill with material at the bottom of the elevator, carry the material to the top, and then dump the material as the bucket passed over the top sprocket. This 1954 photograph was taken inside the Jeffrey factory. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL00945 Subjects
: Machinery industry--Ohio; Ohio Economy--Economy--Business Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)