: This photograph depicts mechanical vibrating conveyors, or MV conveyors, made by the Jeffrey Manufacturing Company in Columbus, Ohio, being used at a metal casting foundry in Cleveland, Ohio, in 1955.
The Jeffrey Manufacturing Company, also known as the Jeffrey Mining Corporate Center, was established in 1876 as the Lechner Mining Machine Company in Columbus, Ohio by Joseph Jeffrey and Francis Lechner. The company was the number one manufacturer of coal mining machinery worldwide until the mid-twentieth century. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL00955 Subjects
: African Americans--Employment; Coal mining; Coal mines and mining--Ohio; Coal mines and mining--United States; Inventions; Coal-mining machinery; Manufacturing industries--Ohio; Inventors--Ohio; Ohio Economy--Economy--Labor; Places
: Cleveland (Ohio); Cuyahoga County (Ohio); Columbus (Ohio)