: This ambrotype depicts Cleveland's Public Square. It was probably taken in the autumn of 1859 by Albert Bisbee. Within the image can be seen the Public Square fountain, Second Presbyterian Church, Trinity Episcopal Church, and St. Pauls Episcopal Church. In the foreground lies the outline of a ball diamond. An 1845 ordinance prohibited baseball playing on Public Square, but was repealed in 1856. The ambrotype is 9.5" x 7.5" (24.13 x 19.05 cm). View on Ohio Memory.
: AL01100 Subjects
: Cuyahoga County (Ohio); Cultural Ohio--Art and Artists; Parks--Ohio--Cuyahoga County; Public buildings Places
: Cleveland (Ohio)