: This photograph depicts a pivoted bucket conveyor manufactured by the Jeffrey Manufacturing Company of Columbus, Ohio, in use at the Hinde and Dausch Paper Company in Sandusky, Ohio. It conveyed coal from a bunker to a coal-fired boiler room above.
The Jeffrey Manufacturing Company, also known as the Jeffrey Mining Corporate Center, was established in 1876 as the Lechner Mining Machine Company in Columbus, Ohio, by Joseph Jeffrey and Francis Lechner. The company was the number one manufacturer of coal mining machinery worldwide until the mid-twentieth century. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL01310 Subjects
: Erie County (Ohio); Coal mines and mining -- Ohio; Inventions; Coal-mining machinery; Manufacturing industries--Ohio; Inventors -- Ohio; Ohio Economy--Economy--Labor Places
: Sandusky (Ohio); Erie County (Ohio); Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)