: Ash elevator made by the Jeffrey Manufacturing Company of Columbus, Ohio in use at the Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, New York, 1916. When in use, the elevator's telescopic action extended it above street level. Coal ash was carried up from an ash pit by way of a continuous bucket elevator to a truck for disposal. When not in use, the elevator was hidden below the sidewalk. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL01344 Subjects
: Trucks; Ohio Economy--Economy--Business Places
: Brooklyn (New York)