: This photograph shows the exterior of the Republic Steel plant in Warren, Ohio.
Republic Steel Corporation was founded in 1899 in Youngstown, Ohio. The firm was originally known as Republic Iron and Steel Company. In 1927, Cyrus Eaton purchased a majority of the stock in the Republic Steel Company. Under Eaton's leadership, the Republic Steel Company expanded its manufacturing holdings to include plants in Massillon, Elyria, Canton, Cleveland, and Warren, Ohio.
The company ceased to exist in 1984 when it merged with the Jones and Laughlin Steel Company to create LTV Steel. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B07F07_008_1 Subjects
: Republic Steel Corporation; Factories; Industries--Ohio; Steel-works--Ohio--Pictorial works; Places
: Warren (Ohio); Trumbull County (Ohio)