: This is a photo of a motorcycle race at Randall Park in the village of North Randall, Ohio.
This track was originally built in 1908 and used for horse racing. From 1909 to 1938, the track was a part of the Grand Harness Racing Circuit and became known as "the Saratoga of the West". In 1951, the site was purchased by the Edward J. DeBartolo Corporation of Youngstown, Ohio and would turn the area into the Randall Park Mall, which was opened 1976. The mall is now considered "dead" after many stores closed as recently as 2009.
In the photo, motorcycles can be seen coming around the corner with a cloud of dust following them. Several on-lookers (mostly men) can be seen watching the race from the infield. Different outfits can be seen being worn by the people. In the background, several buildings can be seen as well as a Drive-In Theatre. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B13F01_021_001 Subjects
: Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Federal Writers' Project; Motorcycle racing--Pictorial works; Motorcycles; Fashion--Pictorial works; Racetracks; Racetracks (Horse racing) Places
: Cleveland (Ohio); Cuyahoga County (Ohio)