: Reverse reads: "Clark Co., Springfield, O. April 28, 1937. Covenant Presbyterian Church, N.W. cor. of Limestone and North Sts. is a stone structure of 14th century Gothic style of church architecture, built in 1930. The property represents an investment of over half a million dollars, and is the last word in church construction."
Covenant Presbyterian Church is located at 201 North Limestone Street on the northwest corner at the intersection of North Street. Designed by George D. (E. ?) Savage. Using Indiana limestone, it has the appearance of a medieval cathedral with its beamed ceilings, richly carved detail, high Gothic arches and transepts and hand wrought swinging chandeliers. The tower stands 120 feet tall. Stained-glass windows patterned after Old World cathedrals have been designed by P.J. Reeves of Philadelphia. Completed in 1927, the building cost $515,000 to build. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B13F05_022_001 Subjects
: Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Federal Writers' Project; Springfield (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc.; Churches--Ohio; Presbyterian Church--Ohio Places
: Springfield (Ohio); Clark County (Ohio)