: Reverse reads: "Dist. #6. Springfield Clark Co. Chamber Commerce bldg. (Sullivan arch?)"
This is a photograph of the Clark County Chamber of Commerce building, also known as the Lagonda Club, in downtown Springfield, Ohio.
The Lagonda Club building was completed in 1895 and was designed by architect Frank Mills Andrews. It is an early example of Beaux-Arts architecture and is three-stories tall with a large basement. After it was no longer in use by the Lagonda Club, it became the Chamber of Commerce headquarters. The building still stands and is rented out to retail businesses.
It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1975.
View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B13F06_003_001 Subjects
: Beaux-Arts Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Clubhouses; Springfield (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc.; National Register of Historic Places; Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Federal Writers' Project. Places
: Springfield (Ohio); Clark County (Ohio)