: The photograph shows the front of Saint Raphael Church with several automobiles parked out front. The church has two large bell towers, with one being significantly taller than the other.
Saint Raphael Church is located at 225 East High Street, at the corner of Spring Street, in Springfield. Designed by architect Charles A. Cregar, construction on this Gothic style brick building began in 1848. Construction on a very large addition began in 1892, and was officially completed with the dedication in 1898. This historic Roman Catholic church has a 184 foot tower, and a somewhat smaller one holding a 16, 000 pound bell. The stained glass windows, created by Mayer of Munich, were designed in the twelfth-century manner. In 1976, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B13F05_029_001 Subjects
: Churches; Catholic Church; Bell towers; Springfield (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc; Churches--Ohio; Roman Catholic Church; Mayer & Co; Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Federal Writers' Project Places
: Springfield (Ohio); Clark County (Ohio)