: The photograph shows the Elgar Weaver Observatory on the campus of Wittenberg College (now Wittenberg University). A caption on the back reads: "Clark Co., Springfield, O. April 28, 1937. ELGAR WEAVER OBSERVATORY, northermost building on W. side of Wittenberg College campus."
Built in 1931, the Weaver Observatory houses Wittenberg's historic 10-inch refracting telescope as well as modern astronomical instrumentation. It was completely refurbished in 2003.
View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B13F05_035_001 Subjects
: College buildings; Astronomical observatories; Wittenberg College; Wittenberg University Places
: Springfield (Ohio); Clark County (Ohio)