: Plans were approved by the Board of Trustees to build the Armory in July of 1896. In September of the same year, the contract was given to Columbus Construction Company, and in 1898, the building was completed.
This Armory served as a multipurpose facility for military science, and men’s and women’s physical education. The Armory was torn down in 1959 due to fire damage from the previous year. The Wexner Center for Visual Arts was built in the Armory's former location in 1989. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B05F04D_013 Subjects
: Education; Universities and colleges; Buildings; Ohio State University; College campuses; Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Federal Writers' Project Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)