: Back reads:
Toledo Museum of Science, Toledo Zoo, 1937.
The WPA constructed many buildings here between 1934 and 1937. Those still in use at the Zoo include the Reptile House, the Amphitheater, the Museum of Science, the Aquarium, and the Aviary.
The Reptile House, first to be completed, is mostly comprised of recycled materials originating from the Milburn Wagon Works, the Wabash Railroad shops, and the Miami and Erie Canal locks.
Since its dedication in 1936, the Museum of Science has functioned as an educational center within the Zoo. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B13F12_003_001 Subjects
: Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Federal Writers' Project--wildlife conservation--education--museum Places
: Toledo (Ohio); Lucas County (Ohio)