: Caption reads: "The Old Courthouse, Dayton, Ohio. Montgomery County." Construction began on the Montgomery County Courthouse in 1847 and was completed in April 1850. The Greek Revival courthouse is allegedly in the style of the Theseum, the Greek temple of Theseus, located below the Parthenon. Cincinnati architect Howard Daniels designed the building, which cost $100,000. It was constructed of local white limestone. To prevent fires, the only wood used in the building is in the inner doors, window sashes, and furniture. The building served as the home of the Montgomery County Historical Society until March 2000. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B05F08_003 Subjects
: Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Buildings; Ohio government; Courthouses--Ohio--History. Places
: Dayton (Ohio); Montgomery County (Ohio)