: Caption reads:" Parent Education, Emergency School Group at Dayton Art Institute, May 22, 1936, 2PM: ordered by Mr. Reade."
The Dayton Art Institute was built in 1930, after the Dayton Museum of Fine Arts outgrew its former location. The Italian Renaissance building was modeled after the Villa d'Este, near Rome, and the Villa Farnese at Caprarola in Italy. The building, which overlooks the Great Miami River just west of Dayton, was designed by architect Edward B. Green of Buffalo. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B05F08_018 Subjects
: Art and Entertainment; Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works; Galleries and museums; Art museums; Education; Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works; Pitman, Benn, 1822-1910; Architecture, Domestic--Ohio--Pictorial works.; National Register of Historic Places; Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Federal Writers' Project Places
: Dayton (Ohio); Montgomery County (Ohio)