: Harrison County Courthouse is located in Cadiz, Ohio. Cadiz was established in 1803. Construction for the courthouse began in 1893. Joseph W. Yost designed this and several other Ohio county courthouses. This courthouse represents a variety of architectural styles, such as Greek Revival, Second Empire, Italianate, Romanesque Revial and Beaux-Arts Classicism. Although the courthouse was finished in 1895, the county could not take possession of it right away due to a lien on the property. Rachel E. and William Greer owned a brickyard nearby and provided the bricks for the courthouse but were not paid for them. The matter was settled within a month, the lien released and the county was able to claim its new building. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B01F06_004 Subjects
: Ohio Government; Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Courthouses--Ohio--History. Places
: Cadiz (Ohio); Harrison County (Ohio)