St. Mary's Convent photograph   Save
St. Mary's Convent photograph
Description: St. Mary's Church was established in 1837 in Chillicothe in a small building on Walnut Street. The congregation moved to a new building, St. Peter's Church, in 1845. In 1866, a new St. Mary's was built on Paint Street, next to the academy of the Sisters of Notre Dame, which is shown in the photograph. This building was purchased by St. Mary's before the new church was built. View on Ohio Memory.
Image ID: SA1039AV_B01F06_046
Subjects: Religion in Ohio; Churches
Places: Chillicothe (Ohio); Ross County (Ohio)