: This house was built in 1828 by John Pray as a trading post and stagecoach stopping post. It has served many purposes over the years, from a jail to a school to a ballroom. In 1927, Henry Ford held his Halloween party in the building, probably because of its reputation for being haunted. In the 1930s, this house was occupied by Toledo antiques dealer Charles Capron. Most recently, the Columbian House has served as a restaurant. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B01F07_009_001 Subjects
: Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Architecture, Domestic--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Jails; Restaurants; Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Federal Writers' Project Places
: Waterville (Ohio); Lucas County (Ohio)