: This castle was built from 1851 to 1853 by Cincinnati architect Robert A. Love as the honeymoon home of Thomas Laurens Jones and Mark Keturah Taylor. It was sold in 1889 to the Diocese of Covington. A chapel was added in 1893 and the building served as a convent until 1910. Over the years, the house has also been used as a home for working girls, a retirement home for elderly women and in 1974, it was a home for Vietnamese refugees. The castle was torn down in the early 1990s to make room for a Kmart shopping center. Caption also reads "Holmes Castle" which was a mansion located in nearby Covington that has also been demolished. This image is of Mount St. Martin and not of the Holmes Castle. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B01F09_020 Subjects
: Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Architecture, Domestic--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Religion in Ohio; Churches Places
: Newport (Kentucky); Covington (Kentucky)