: This house was built in 1823 by John Hollister, a merchant, judge, postmaster, mayor and member of the Ohio legislature. In 1840, presidential candidate William Henry Harrison gave a speech here. Other important guests of this home include Daniel Webster and William McKinley.
The home was destroyed by fire in 1940 and in its place, at 125 East Front Street, now stands a house with similar architectural details in the Second Empire style. James R. Morris III was the last owner of the original Hollister House. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B01F09_041 Subjects
: Architecture; Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works., Domestic--Ohio--Perrysburg Places
: Perrysburg (Ohio); Wood County (Ohio)