: Caption reads "Residence of Mrs. F.C. Sessions, 478 E. Broad St., 1898." Frances Charles Sessions (1820-1892) was a successful dry goods merchant who moved to Columbus in 1840. He was the secretary of the U.S. Sanitary Commission and established the Soldier's Home. He married Mary Johnson (1823-1919), the only child of Orange Johnson, a businessman from Worthington, in 1847. Orange Johnson and his wife shared this residence with the Sessions' starting in 1862. The Columbus Art Museum, opened in 1931, now stands on this site. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B01F10_009 Subjects
: Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Architecture, Domestic--Ohio--Pictorial works. Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)