: This photograph is most likely not Gladys E. Palmer, but was taken by her. Palmer was an athletic administrator at Ohio State University between 1922-1957. As Chairperson of the women's division of Physical Education at OSU, she established the first-ever Intercollegiate Golf Tournament for women. The tournament was held in 1941 at Ohio State's Scarlet Course. Caption reads: "Miss Gladys E. Palmer, 1776 King Ave. Columbus, Ohio, Class D, No. 88." View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B01F11_016 Subjects
: Golf; Golf--Ohio--History; Palmer, Gladys E.; College sports; Ohio State University; Women golfers--United States; Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Federal Writers' Project Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)