: Caption reads "Bridge over Miami River at Franklin, Ohio, 1936." This bridge connects the two sides of Franklin, which was founded in 1796 by General William C. Schenck. This bridge was built between 1932 and 1933 by the Dodge Hussey Company of Columbus at a cost of $120,000. The 4 cast iron lions that decorated the piers of the old 1873 suspension bridge (closed in 1931 due to broken cables) sit at the ends of the bridge. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B01F18_013 Subjects
: Bridges--Ohio; Transportation--Ohio; Roads--Ohio; Concrete bridges; Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Federal Writers' Project Places
: Franklin (Ohio); Warren County (Ohio)