: St. Michael the Archangel Church, also known as St. Michael church was a Roman Catholic church located at 2110 St. Michael Street in the Price Hill neighborhood of Cincinnati, Ohio. The cornerstone of the building was laid on August 1, 1847 and the church was dedicated a year later. It is a large red brick structure that once had a large central clock tower flanked by two minarets topped by knobs and weathervanes. A statue of St. Michael with a sword in his hand once stood in a niche in the building about half way to the top. These minarets, clock tower and the angel have since been removed from the building which makes the building less impressive than it once was. The church closed on April 5, 1998 and now the St. Michael's center is used as a thrift store and food pantry. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B01F06_044 Subjects
: Churches--Ohio; Cincinnati (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc. Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)