: This photograph (ca. 1935-1943) is of The Georgian, located at 105 East Wheeling Street in Lancaster, Ohio, which is now a museum. The photograph is taken of the left side of the building, which is facing North Broad Street. The house was built in 1832 in the Federal style (a combination of Greek Revival and Georgian architecture) by Daniel Sifford for Samuel and Sarah Maccraken. The fluted Ionic columns and huge west portico are reminiscent to that of Mansion House, home to the Lord Mayor of London, which Samuel had seen while traveling Europe to raise money for the further development of the Ohio Canal system. The house is located is located in Square 13 of the Lancaster Historic District, which was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1972. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B01F07_004 Subjects
: Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Architecture, Domestic--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Lancaster (Ohio)--History--Pictorial works; National Register of Historic Places; Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Federal Writers' Project Places
: Lancaster (Ohio); Fairfield County (Ohio)