: This photograph is of the Eden Park Stand Pipe in the Mount Adams community of Cincinnati, Ohio. The brick structure has a cylindrical water tank with a taller octagonal turret attached, was built in 1894 and is 172 feet high. The castle shaped water tower was designed by Samuel Hannaford & Sons in the Romanesque Revival style and is now used by the city as a communications facility. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
Located between Gilbert Avenue and Columbia Parkway (U.S.) and comprised of about 185 acres in the Mount Adams community of Cincinnati, Ohio, Eden Park was assembled by a series of purchases beginning in 1859. The name came, naturally, from the Garden of Eden and was given by Nicholas Longworth who owned a large tract which constitutes the main portion of the park. Eden Park is the home of the Cincinnati Art Museum, Cincinnati Art Academy, the Navigation Monument, the Capitoline Wolf Statue, and the Irwin M. Krohn (Eden Park) Conservatory. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B01F09_017 Subjects
: Cincinnati (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc.; Parks--Ohio--Cincinnati; Parks--Cincinnati (Ohio); Water towers--Ohio; Stand-pipes; Cincinnati (Ohio). Water Works; National Register of Historic Places Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)