: Caption reads: "A view of Ohio River bridges at Cincinnati, Ohio. Photo by Federal Writers' Photographer, District #12. June 10, 1937."
The bridge pictured in the foreground, called the Central Bridge or Cincinnati & Newport Bridge, was finished in 1890 and was the first "standard" cantilever truss bridge to be built. Located between Suspension Bridge and the L&N Bridge, the Central Bridge had a similar type and length of approach spans to that of the L&N bridge, with the piers built from identical stone. Demolished in 1992, the bridge was replaced by the Taylor-Southgate Bridge in 1995. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B01F18_003 Subjects
: Bridges--Ohio--Cincinnati; Transportation--Ohio--History.; Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Bridges Ohio; Cityscape Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)