: Caption reads: "Journal Bldg. - Perrysburg." The Perrysburg Journal was a weekly newspaper started on March 10, 1853 by Silmon Clark. The Perrysburg Journal building, which was located along West Front Street, burned down in the 1950's. In 1965, the Perrysburg Journal was purchased by Betty M. “Helen” Hart, owner of the weekly newspaper the Messenger, founded in 1935. The two newspapers were combined, becoming the Perrysburg Messenger-Journal, which was run by Hart until 1969, when she sold the newspaper to current publisher Robert Welch. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B02F01_005 Subjects
: Perrysburg (Ohio); Wood County (Ohio); Perrysburg (Ohio)--Newspapers; Places
: Perrysburg (Ohio); Wood County (Ohio)