: The St. Peter's Catholic Church, built circa 1846, was destroyed by fire in 1947. St. Peter’s was relocated in 1949 to its current location on Church Street. Before the construction of the Ohio and Erie Canal in 1826, there were few Catholics living in Chillicothe. Afterwards, many Irish immigrants came to the area, bringing Catholicism with them joined by German Catholics about 20 years later. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B02F10_004 Subjects
: Religion in Ohio; Churches; Chillicothe (Ross County, Ohio)--Church history; Catholic Church; Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Federal Writers' Project Places
: Chillicothe (Ohio); Ross County (Ohio)