: Caption reads: "Sidewalk Cafe. Hotel Gibson." In 1899, plans were announced to replace the Gibson House in Cincinnati with a modern hotel. Finished in 1913, the new Hotel Gibson, later known as the Sheraton-Gibson Hotel, was a Neo-Classical style high rise building designed by architect Gustave W. Drach. Located in the Fountain Square area of downtown Cincinnati, the fifteen story, 1,000 room hotel offered guests an air-conditioned restaurant, a bowling alley, a barber shop, guest rooms and meeting rooms. The building was later torn down to make way for the US Bank Tower/Westin Hotel, built in 1981. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B02F13_010 Subjects
: Restaurants--Design and construction; Restaurants--Ohio; Hotel restaurants; Restaurants--Decoration; Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Federal Writers' Project Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)