: The original description reads: "This is the East bank of the Canal, West of the NCR buildings, number 8 and 9 taken April 5, 1904". In 1884, John Henry Patterson bought out his fellow investors in the National Manufacturing Company and formed the National Cash Register Company, the predecessor of NCR Corporation. Located in Dayton, Ohio, this company made cash registers. In 1906, the company manufactured the first electric cash register. This photo shows the state of the Miami and Erie canal in Dayton in the early 1900s. The Miami and Erie Canal connected the Ohio River in Cincinnati and Lake Erie in Toledo and was completed in 1845. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B02F05_012 Subjects
: Canals--Ohio--Pictorial works; Canals--Ohio--Dayton; Miami and Erie Canal (Ohio); Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Federal Writers' Project Places
: Dayton (Ohio), Montgomery County (Ohio)