: Good Samaritan Hospital was started in 1852 by the Sister of Charity for the Saint John's Hospital for Invalids and was located in and old school building at the corner of Broadway Street and Woodward Street. They then moved to a larger building located at 3rd Street and Plum Street and called Saint John's Hospital. In 1866, money was donated for the sisters to buy the old Marine Hospital at Locke Street and Sixth Streets.
The building in this photograph (ca. 1935-1943) is of the then newer facility that was completed in 1915 in the Cincinnati area of Clifton. Two wings were added in 1926, which were replaced in 1982. 1927 and 1945 saw additions to the nurses residences, to accommodate the nursing school which became the nursing department for the College of Mount Saint Joseph. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B02F14_035 Subjects
: Cincinnati (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc.; Hospital architecture; Hospitals--Ohio--Cincinnati; Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Federal Writers' Project Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)