: The new Erie County courthouse was finished in 1874. In a unanimous decision, the county board of commissioners decided to build the new courthouse on the west block of Sandusky's public square on the site of the original courthouse which had been built approximately fifty years earlier. It was built by the arcitecture firm Miller, Frayer & Sheets of Mansfield, Ohio. The total cost of construction, including furniture and labor, was $4,361.29. The county officers occupied the building on December 4, 1874. It began as a single story building, but since 1874, additional floors and a tower were added. After this picture was taken, a clock was added to the tower. View on Ohio Memory.
: index Subjects
: Ohio Government; Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Courthouses--Ohio--History. Places
: Sandusky (Ohio); Erie County (Ohio)