: Reverse reads: "Covenant, 1st Presby Church, SW cor. 8th & Elm."
This is actually St. Paul's Episcopal Cathedral, located on the south east corner of Seventh and Plum Streets in Cincinnati, Ohio. Cincinnatians worshipped here for decades, after the stately church was completed in 1852. It was demolished 1937, its members having long since moved to outlying suburbs, and for a short time, the site held a parking lot and filling station. Eventually, the lot was purchased by the Cincinnati Bell Telephone company, to build a modern addition to their original building, which can be see in the background, on the left of the photograph. The spirit of St. Paul's now rolls along in the Wayside Cathedral, a trailer car equipped with an alter, which sallies up and down country roads in the service of Episcopalians.
Covenant First Presbyterian Church still stands at the corner of Eight and Elm, and is now on the National Register of Historic Places. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B02F16_005 Subjects
: Cincinnati (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc. ; Episcopal Church--Ohio. Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)