: Reverse reads: "St. Mark's Church (Cin Hi) Lombard Style"
Located at 3500 Montgomery Rd in the Evanston neighborhood of Cincinnati, Ohio, this Roman Catholic church was designed by Henry Schlacks and Joseph G. Steinkamp, in the style of a Roman Basilica. It was completed and dedicated in 1916 and cost about $150,000 to erect. The exterior is of brick with terracotta facing, colored to match Roman Travertine stone, with Verona facade and free-standing campanile tower. The roofing is of imported Roman tile. Imposing marble altars and bas-relief statues are in the interior, which seats 850, exclusive of the choir gallery and two votive chapels accommodating 150. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B02F16_016 Subjects
: Cincinnati (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc. ; Catholic church--Ohio--Cincinnati; Schlacks, Henry J. (Henry John), 1867-1938; Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)