: St Paul's Roman Catholic Church is located at East Twelfth and Spring Streets, in the St Paul Church Historic District in Cincinnati, Ohio. The brick Romanesque structure has broad Doric pilasters set in its corners and between its tall, round arched windows; above a low-pitched roof is a handsomely proportioned Renaissance tower capped with a Pope's Mitre cupola roof, and a gilded cross. Three arched doorways face the Spring Street side. The district was placed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1974. The structure was built in 1850, has been renovated and beautified many times. A flash fire destroyed much of the building in 1899, which was reconstructed and completed a year later, in 1900, with a light and cheerful decorative interior. It was closed as a church in 1975. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B02F16_026 Subjects
: Churches; Catholic Church--Ohio--Cincinnati--History; Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio) Hamilton County (Ohio)