: The Baum - Longworth - Taft House, was built in 1820 for Martin Baum, was later occupied by Nicholas Longworth and finally was the home of Charles P. Taft, the half-brother of William Howard Taft. In 1908, William Howard Taft accepted the presidential nomination while standing underneath the home's portico. The house and the Tafts' art collection was bequeathed to the city of Cincinnati in 1927. After the deaths of Charles and his wife in 1929 and 1931, the house was remodeled and reopened as the Taft Museum in 1932. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B03F07_004_1 Subjects
: Arts and Entertainment; Buildings; Galleries & museums Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)