: Plaque reads: "Two hundred yards south of the this site stood in 1829 the first public school established in the City of Cincinnati and within the entire limits of the Northwest Territory. 'Schools and the means of Education shall forever be encouraged' - Northwest Territory Ordinance of 1767.
This marker installed Oct 2, 1938 as a gift of Albert S. Bossong in honor of the Daughters of America" View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B03F06_018_001 Subjects
: Cincinnati (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc.; Monuments & memorials--United States--1900-1940; Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Federal Writers' Project Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)