Eden Park vista   Save
Eden Park vista
Description: Caption reads "Vista in Eden Park. Bridging Victory Parkway in Eden Park, Cincinnati, is the first concrete span of its kind in the world. Its builders left the construction forms in place for some time after it was completed; for grave doubts were expressed as to the structure's ability to stand without support. The buttressed wall in the foreground is surmounted by a symbolic rook (eagle?), carved in stone." Eden Park Located between Gilbert Avenue and Columbia Parkway (U.S.) and comprised of about 185 acres in the Mount Adams community of Cincinnati, Ohio, Eden Park was assembled by a series of purchases beginning in 1859. The name came, naturally, from the Garden of Eden and was given by Nicholas Longworth who owned a large tract which constitutes the main portion of the park. Eden Park is the home of the Cincinnati Art Museum, Cincinnati Art Academy, the Navigation Monument, the Capitoline Wolf Statue, and the Irwin M. Krohn (Eden Park) Conservatory. View on Ohio Memory.
Image ID: SA1039AV_B03F08_017_1
Subjects: Parks; Cincinnati (Ohio)--History; Bridges--Ohio--Cincinnati;
Places: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)