: Caption reads: "University Hall Tower. Toledo University." Though Toledo University was officially founded in 1872 as a private arts and trades school, the first building at the modern University of Toledo, University Hall, was not built until 1931. It had existed between 1872 and 1931 in various locations around Toledo and often had to close due to lack of funds. In 1884, the university became a municipal school, but it was not a state-funded university until 1967 when it became known as the University of Toledo. University Hall was designed by Henry J. Doermann to be seen from anywhere on campus. It took eleven months and 400 workers to complete. View on Ohio Memory.
: index Subjects
: Education; Universities and colleges; Buildings; University of Toledo; College campuses; Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Federal Writers' Project Places
: Toledo (Ohio); Lucas County (Ohio)