: Located Walnut St., between Fifth and Sixth Sts., Fountain Square, B. F. Keith's Theater occupied the site of a theater built on a Fountain Square alley in the 1880s. A Fountain Square Theater by James W. McLaughlin occupied the site from 1892 to 1899. J. M. Wood's Columbia Theater moved the entrance to Walnut St. in 1909. Keith's, an 18-story tower by Rapp and Rapp of Chicago, replaced the Columbia in 1921. Redevelopment of Fountain Square in the 1960s demolished the building entirely.
Reverse reads: "Back of Keith's Theater, which was the old Columbia Theater, Walnut Street, Cincinnati Ohio. Showing the masks of the drama near top." View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B03F12_009_1 Subjects
: Cincinnati (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc.; McLaughlin, James W., 1834-1923. Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)