: Beginning as a neighborhood school in 1895, Walnut Hills High School took a new direction toward preparing students for college admission in the liberal arts starting in 1918. On September 8, 1931, a new, larger building located on Victory Parkway was dedicated. The inspiration for the design of the new school was the Library Building of the University of Virginia and Monticello, both the work of Thomas Jefferson. Walnut Hills High School continues on at this same location, utilizing the original building, albeit with major additions. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B03F13_017_1 Subjects
: School buildings--Pictorial works; High Schools--Ohio; Cincinnati (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc.--Pictorial worksl; Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works; Education; Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Federal Writers' Project Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)