: Original description reads: "View of downtown Cincinnati taken from L&N bridge."
The L&N Bridge opened in 1872 as the first Ohio River railroad crossing at Cincinnati. It is the region's most eccentric bridge, with remnants of a half-dozen major modifications still visible today. Recently in 2002 it was heavily modified once again, painted purple, and reopened in 2003 as a pedestrian-only bridge. Residents typically refer to it as the 'Purple People Bridge'. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B04F01_044_1 Subjects
: Street photography; Bridges--Ohio River; Buildings--Cincinnati (Ohio); Cincinnati (Ohio) Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)