: Original description reads: "Cincinnati- C+O bridge, West End."
The C&O Railroad bridge was originally built between 1886 and 1889. By 1929 it was obsolete due to increasing weight of freight being transported, and a replacement was built immediately adjacent to the original structure. The original bridge was sold to the Commonwealth of Kentucky and retrofitted as an automobile bridge. In 1974 the original bridge was demolished, the northern pier was extended and the Clay Wade Bailey Bridge was built on the existing piers. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B04F01_045_1 Subjects
: Street photography; Bridges--Ohio River; Buildings--Ohio; Cincinnati (Ohio) Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)