: Located on the campus of Mount Union College, the building was named in honor of Professor Ira O. Chapman. The building is currently home to the humanities department. Mount Union College obtained its charter from the state of Ohio in 1858, although the school had functioned as a private academy before that date. O.N. Hartshorn founded the college and served as its first president. From the beginning, Mount Union utilized Christian teachings as a component of its curriculum, although the school was not originally associated with a specific religious denomination. The college admitted both men and women from the outset, making it one of the early coeducational institutions in Ohio. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B05F02_037 Subjects
: Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Buildings; Education; Universities and colleges; Mount Union College Places
: Alliance (Ohio); Stark County (Ohio)