: Buildings at the south end of Cleveland Mall, looking east from Terminal Tower, include the Cleveland Public Library main branch and the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
Conceived in the 1903 Group Plan as a civic center in the City Beautiful style, a long park flanked by neoclassical government buildings, the Mall was to have been capped at its north end by the Union Terminal train station. The station's intended location shifted south and west; a rail approach from the southeast, along Ontario Avenue, was excavated and bridged in 1929. The Mall was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1975 (#75001360).
Reverse reads: "Along Lake Erie, east from Terminal Tower. Mall Group, Cleveland." View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B04F10_29_01 Subjects
: Cleveland (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc.; Rivers; Lake Erie; Postcards--Ohio--Cleveland; Cargo Ships; Boats and Boating; Transportation--Ohio--History.; Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Federal Writers' Project Places
: Cleveland (Ohio) ; Cuyahoga County (Ohio)