: Caption reads: "Dead End in Cleveland. The River front along the Cuyahoga River. (This is a detail enlarged form a more general view.) District #4, Cleveland, Ohio. Project Photographer: Frank Jaffa, 1940. File Negative #133."
Cuyahoga River and buildings along the river are pictured. Main Ave. Bridge is pictured in the background.
The Main Ave. (Harold H. Burton Memorial) Bridge, in its current state, opened October 6, 1939. The 6 lane bridge is Ohio's longest elevated structure at 8,000ft. Earlier bridges of varying sophistication have connected the East and West shores of the Cuyahoga River in this location since the mid-1800s. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B04F11_08_01 Subjects
: Cuyahoga River (Ohio); Bridges--Cuyahoga River (Ohio);Cleveland (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc. Places
: Cleveland (Ohio); Cuyahoga County (Ohio)