: Original description reads: "River Traffic. View from Superior Ave. Bridge looking north."
Tugboat pulling another ship along the Cuyahoga River. The bridge pictured in the photograph is the Main Avenue Bridge. The Main Ave. (Harold H. Burton Memorial) Bridge, in its current state, opened October 6, 1939. The 6 lane bridge is Ohio's longest elevated structure at 8,000ft. Earlier bridges of varying sophistication have connected the East and West shores of the Cuyahoga in this location since the mid-1800s.
View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B04F11_38_01 Subjects
: Ships--Cuyahoga River (Ohio); Cuyahoga River (Ohio); Cargo Ships; Cleveland (Ohio)--Pictorial works; Bridges--Ohio--Cleveland; Bridges--Ohio; Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Federal Writers' Project Places
: Cleveland (Ohio); Cuyahoga County (Ohio)